FREE Talk: What is Climate Change?
June 12 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Is climate change an issue for future generations – or for us?
What does ‘two degrees warming’ mean?
What did the Paris Agreement achieve?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy will be giving an overview of the scientific consensus on climate change in The Bath Brew House, 14 James Street West, BA1 2BX. She will explain greenhouse gases, possible tipping points and the risks posed by our warming world. This talk is aimed at those who need clarification of what is being discussed by politicians and media. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This talk will be the first in a series of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other talks in this series are:
- What is Climate Change? – 12th June
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Oil and Gas Industry – 19th June
- Global Energy Trends – 26th June
- UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 3rd July
- Is Nuclear the Answer? – 10th July
- Land Use and Climate Change – 17th July
- The way forward – 24th July
- All talks begin at 7:30.
Please book your ticket here.