- This event has passed.
FREE Talk: Global Energy Trends
Mon 26 Jun 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Who’s got coal, oil and gas and who’s consuming it?
Why is there a crisis in the fossil fuel industries?
What are the prospects for a green future when fossil fuels are cheap?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy will be giving an overview of trends in fossil fuel production and consumption at the Bath Brew House, 14 St James St West, Bath. She will present the facts and figures and put the decarbonisation challenge in perspective. This is a chance to understand the current crisis in the fossil fuel industries. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This talk will be the third in a series of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other events in this series are:
1. What is Climate Change – 12th June
2. A Beginner’s Guide To The Oil and Gas Industry – 19th June
3. Global Energy Trends – 26th June
4. UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 3rd July
5. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 10th July
4. Land Use and Climate Change – 17th July
5. The Way Forward – 24th July
The talk will begin at 7:30 pm.
For more information and booking click here.