- This event has passed.
FREE Talk: Land Use and Climate Change
Mon 17 Jul 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
How does humans’ use of land contribute to climate change?
Is the livestock industry a bigger source of greenhouse gases than fossil fuels?
What is Biological Energy Carbon Capture and Storage and should it underpin climate change policy?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy will be explaining the climate change impact of land use at the Bath Brew House, St James St West, Bath. She will describe the many ways that livestock production adds to our greenhouse gas emissions and how getting carbon back into the soil should be a priority for governments. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This talk will be the sixth in a series of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other events in this series are:
1. What is Climate Change – 12 June
2. A Beginner’s Guide To The Oil and Gas Industry – 19 June
3. Global Energy Trends – 26 June
4. UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 3 July
5. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 10 July
6. Land Use and Climate Change – 17 July
7. The Way Forward – 24 July