- This event has passed.
FREE Talk: Is Nuclear the Answer?
July 10 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Should nuclear fill the UK’s energy gap?
Does nuclear provide a genuinely low carbon energy supply?
How much do safety issues add to the cost?
Nikki Jones, researcher/writer on global energy will answer the question of why the UK government is intent on a nuclear energy strategy at the Bath Brew House, St James St West, Bath. She will explain the UK energy context, current nuclear infrastructure, and how renewables and other technologies could offer a viable alternative. There will be opportunities for questions throughout.
This will be the fifth in a series of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other events in this series are:
1. What is Climate Change – 12 June
2. A Beginner’s Guide To The Oil and Gas Industry – 19 June
3. Global Energy Trends – 26 June
4. UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 3 July
5. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 10 July
4. Land Use and Climate Change – 17 July
5. The Way Forward – 24 July
The talks begin at 7.30pm.
For more information and booking click here.