FREE Talk: The Oil and Gas Industry: A Beginner’s Guide
June 19 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 pm
How much oil do we consume and where does it come from?
What are the roles of Saudi Arabia and OPEC?
What happened to peak oil?
Nikki Jones, rearcher/writer on global energy, will be giving a beginner’s guide to the oil and gas industry at the Bath Brew House, 14 St James St West, BA1 2BX. She will explain how oil, the life-blood of the world economy, is traded around the world, the role of the super-majors (including BP and Shell), and the impact of shale and tar sands production. There will opportunities for questions throughout.
This talk will be the second in a series of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other talks in this series are:
1. What is Climate Change? – 12th June
3. Global Energy Trends – 26th June-
4. UK Energy Trends, Emissions and Targets – 3rd July
5. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 10th July
6. Land Use and Climate Change – 17th July
7. The Way Forward – 24th July
The talk will begin at 7:30 pm.
More information and to book tickets, click here.