- This event has passed.
FREE talk: UK Energy, Emissions and Targets
Mon 3 Jul 2017 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Are UK greenhouse gas emissions on the increase?
What’s the future for oil, coal and gas in the UK?
Are current government policies compatable with targets?
Nikki Jones, rearcher/writer on global energy, will be giving an overview of UK energy trends at the Bath Brew House, St James St West, Bath. She will explain our diverse and overlapping renewable and emission targets and the progress we are making towards them. This is a chance to understand the challenges for the UK and where current government policy is leading us. There will opportunities for questions throughout.
This talk will be the fourth of seven talks focusing on climate change and energy use. The other talks are:
1. What is Climate Change – 12 June
2. A Beginner’s Guide To The Oil and Gas Industry – 19 June
3. Global Energy Trends – 26 June
4. UK Energy, Emissions and Targets – 3 July
5. Is Nuclear The Answer? – 10 July
6. Land Use and Climate Change – 17 July
7. The Way Forward – 24 July
All talks begin at 7.30pm.
For more information and booking click here