- This event has passed.
Transition Bath Energy Group Meeting: Energy Sparks – schools energy education project
Tue 10 Jan 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Where: Huntsman Pub, upstairs in the Mezzanine Room
When: 7.00pm Tuesday 10th January 2017
The meeting will include discussion on the following Transition Bath projects:
- Our schools’ education project aimed at teaching primary school children about energy. We have developed a website which uses Smart Meter data and gamification to help in this education programme, more detail here
- Following a £7K grant from the Open Data Institute in August to develop a website, we are hoping to go live with the website this week
- We are planning on running the programme for the first time using the new website starting from late February
- We are currently looking to recruit primary schools in B&NES to take part in the program – please email us if you know of a school who might be interested in taking part in this programme (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We will provide an update on the project during the meeting and hope to demo the website (assuming a reasonable data/wifi connection????)
Blower Door project:
- Transition Bath now owns a blower door – which is basically a very powerful fan which can be used to test how leaky homes are
- We are looking for volunteers to help us test a number of homes in the next couple of months which will help us understand how best to use the door to run a more formal project going forward. Training will be provided on how to use the blower door – if you can’t make the meeting and think you may be able to volunteer, please get in touch email@example.com
- We are looking for more homes to test. If you would like your home tested to see how leaky it is – the door can provide an accurate figure, could you please let us know? The test takes about 2 hours and we are looking for a variety of homes to test to guide how we run the project and test homes in future. Further details and an online signup form is on our website here
- LED lighting: now subject to changes associated with relocation of the central library, we have also lost one of our 3 try-before-you-buy lighting kits
- Thermal Imaging: the camera is available but we don’t have a formal program this year – does anyone want to take this project on?
Both the Energy Sparks and blower door projects are unique to Transition Bath – as far as we know no other community groups are undertaking such projects in the UK. Support from volunteers is essential to running these projects – it would be great to see you at the meeting if you think you have time to help?
Anyone is welcome to come along to the meeting. Newcomers to Bath or to the Energy Group are particularly welcome, please just turn up at the meeting. We meet in the Huntsman Pub, upstairs in the Mezzanine Room, starting at 7.00pm Tuesday 10th January.