In June Transition Bath responded to the planning application at Roseberry Place, our formal response is here.
The proposal is for 200 flats to be built on the corner of the Lower Bristol Road and Windsor Bridge Road.
Our view of this development was mixed there were some positive elements:
- Shared bike and pedestrian routes
- Layout: proposed layout and green spaces
- Building energy efficiency measures: including CHP, solar gain, overheating. MVHR
- High housing density
and some negative elements:
- Excessive provision of 60 car parking spaces for ‘local needs shopping’
- Only 1 car club parking provision
- Limited electric car charging
- Secure bicycle parking space: 43 secure bike parking spaces is not enough
- Type of green roof
overall our response was a ‘comment’ rather than an ‘objection’ or letter of ‘support’.