Are you passionate about food?
Do you hate food waste?
Are you competent in food preserving methods?
Do you love sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with others?
We are looking for someone to convey the benefits of minimising food waste by running workshops using various methods of preserving surplus and foraged food.
You would be running a number of workshops a year on:
- Fermentation – such as kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, apple cider vinegar, kimchi
- Apple juicing, bottling and pasteurising
- Pickling – such as cucumbers, onions, cabbage, carrots
- Dehydration – such as apples, pears, herbs
- Bottling – fruit and vegetables
- Jams and chutneys
Transition Bath has its own juicing and pasteurisation equipment, which can be used at these workshops and lent out to anyone who has successfully completed the training.
We can provide the venue, the participants, and willing helpers if needed – all you need to do is host the event and provide your own tried and tested recipes, enthusiasm and experience.
Knowledge of the health and nutritional benefits of preserving food is desirable.
If you’re interested in this volunteering opportunity, use the form below to get in touch with us.
"*" indicates required fields