Bath and North East Somerset Council have recently launched 2 consultation relating to transport in central Bath:
- Bath Air Quality Action Plan (deadline 26 Nov 2017)
- Parking Strategy (deadline 23 Oct 2017)
Parking Strategy Consultation
This consultation is to help formulate a long-term plan for parking in Bath, and includes:
- Parking Standards for new developments;
- Public off‐street parking including Park and Ride;
- Public on‐street parking and Residents parking zones;
- Private off‐street parking;
- Parking Charges;
- Multi‐modal Parking, including Disabled Parking and Coach Parking; and
- Parking management during Major Events.
“The aim of the strategy is to help improve the quality of life of the people of Bath and North East Somerset by establishing a balance between the social, economic, cultural and environmental needs of the whole community. In particular, the Parking Strategy supports the need to reduce the level of intrusion of vehicles into urban centres, reflecting concerns about the impact of traffic congestion on the environment and air quality, as well as the need to protect the historic fabric of the World Heritage Site in Bath. “ . A good summary of the consultation appears here.
There is also an online survey which is very quick to complete but leaves very little latitude for comment, asking whether you agree with the proposals, yes, no or in part, and then allows space for a short comment. We would however like to encourage you to make your thoughts known to the council, so if you have any views on parking please make your comments known in the survey.